Dear Newman University Alumni Family,
We are entering a very exciting time – we have a new director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, Sarah Strole, and a new coordinator, Brielle Dunham. They are beginning to work on building relationships with alumni on and off campus, staff and faculty. With this process of building relationships and talking with faculty and staff, they have found there is a need that we hope you can help us fill.
We are developing a program that we are calling Alumni Ambassadors. Ambassadors would be entered into a pool to be called upon to help in student recruitment, student development and engagement, career services and strengthening the connection between our alumni and the Newman community.
By signing up and entering into the pool, you will be asked to serve in at least one event per year. We know everyone has their own schedule to balance, but if we work together and contribute when we can, we will have a strong foundation. You do not need to be a professional college recruiter to be successful. All you need is passion, the willingness to share your Newman experience and be a point of contact for people in the process of discovering what a special place Newman University is.
Alumni Ambassador opportunities:
- Assist with college fairs, especially when admissions counselors are double-booked
- Host a Newman table at your parish/congregation/faith community
- Attend an athletic event to sign up alumni for the Drive with Pride program
- Assist with a tailgating event
- Mentor current Newman University students on personal and professional levels
- Volunteer during the All-Alumni Reunion or Party on the Plaza
- Other opportunities to be determined – ideas welcome!
To sign up, click here.
We hope you consider giving your time and passion as an Alumni Ambassador. It will be a great way to give back and share your Newman story. If you have any questions or suggestions about the program, we would love to hear from you.
For the Newman University National Alumni Board